What is it? CLXXI

Set 171 has just been posted:

R.H.
991 Oilers. To lubricate joints on steam locomotives, steam engines, and other machines.

992 ? Lock mechanism?

993 Router. For making moldings, not for internet traffic.

Reply to
Alexander Thesoso
989 looks like a watchman's key for recording his rounds 991 has oilers, grease cups and priming cups 993 is called a scratch stock used for making decorative edges.
Reply to
Dave W

989. Time clock keys 990. Animal restraint device (?!) 991. Gas light and valve tester - probably a good thing it's outdoors. 992. Back side of a lock mechanism 993. Scratch beader 994. Replaceable hammer tip R
Reply to
RicodJour

Reply to
Brent Beal
992 is the backside of a coinslot from some sort of vending machine.

Paul K. Dickman

Reply to
Paul K. Dickman
994. Replacement tooth for a spike tooth cylinder on a combine. Case IH??
Reply to
Bill Marrs

And at least one that looks to be a simple drain valve.

It's a pretty famous one among collectors of antique woodworking tools. The Windsor Beader.

Reply to
John Martin

electric traction/loco's.

990, flow and return hose crush? 991, drip oilers, still use them at the Uni on very high speed mini-drills. 992, top part of coin-mech.
Reply to
badger.badger

At last, a couple of things I can identify -

990: 'Bagno' style handcuff restraint - Italian

991: Although the caption says that these are all the same device in different configurations, some are oilers, some are grease cups and others are priming valves and poppet valves found on piston type engines

- steam, gasoline, diesel, etc.

992: rear view of a 'roll down' style coin acceptor used in vending and amusement machines

Carla

Reply to
Carla Fong
990 is a set of handcuffs. You stick the hands of the person to be restrained through the holes, use the wing nut to tighten the cuffs so that the hands cannot be removed and then use a padlock to lock the wing nut so it will not rotate.
Reply to
Jonathan Wilson

989 want to say watchman's key, but no number on it. RR related? 990 something to do with gas illumination- water traps? 991 992 993 molding cutters/planers 994 jackhammer bit

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp
991--As has been said, they are oilers. I'll add: they must belong to a very dedicated collector, or to a museum, based on the way they are displayed.
Reply to
Leo Lichtman

989b: Meter vault cover key. 933(both) Hand routers for making molding.
Reply to
Gary Brady

991 A collection of lubricators. Probably a display board of them. Some look like they may be displacement types, the glass ones are probably all drip feed types. There are also some priming cups as used on early SI engines. 992 looks like a coin lock from a vending machine.

Steve R.

Reply to
Steve R.

According to R.H. :

989a-b) Given the lack of precision or any real machining on the castings, I doubt that these ever fit locks.

And given the small hole drilled near the end of the handle end on both, I think that they were either hung on lines as weights, or hung on nails on the wall as decorations.

990) Some kind of furniture clamp, I think, though a view from the side would help. 991) A collection of drip oilers for various styles of machine tools and (probably) stationary steam engines.

The second set has some things which look like valves to feed water or steam to various places -- including to steam whistles.

992) This looks like part of the coin accept/reject mechanism from a vending machine. 993a-b) Special shaving planes to produce decorative trim or edges to tabletops and the like.

The first one looks as though it could be used on moulding as well -- fed through the hole which best fits it.

994) Looks like some kind of replaceable bit to go into perhaps a jackhammer or something similar.

Now it is time to see what others have guessed.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

like it could be a safety deposit box key; the handle would be provided for sliding the box out.

991: Gas lanterns, gas valves 993: cable cutters?
Reply to
Matthew T. Russotto

Thanks! I updated the answer page a few minutes ago. I did some searching on "meter vault cover key" as suggested by Gary, but I didn't find anything. Two links have been added to the answer page, the one you posted and this one:

R.H.