Stanley #113 Plane-Questions

I just bought this plane, and it has no blade, and will need to be cleaned up a bit. Can anyone advise me on a replacement blade? Thanks.

Garrett

Reply to
Garrett

#113 takes a 1 3/4" blade..same as a #3 stanley..always wanted to try a hock or L-N blade in mine..but I'm still using the stock blade...when I wear that out I'll switch. Interesting plane, specialized use but when you need it nothing else comes close. walt

Reply to
walt

I can't say about the 113, as I have no experience there, but I recently put a Hock blade in a Stanley 80 sacaper and I can't believe the improvement. Whispy little curlies that are a joy to behold! If you get similar results with yours as I got with mine, you'll be thrilled.

Glen

Reply to
Glen

Walt and Glen,

Thanks for your response. Walt, I actually contacted Hock about a replacement, and Ron responded, saying it was a special order, and the cost is $60.00. But now that I know it's the same as the number 3, I think I can get a replacement for much less. Thanks again!

Garrett

Reply to
Garrett