Spray Painting - Latex

Spray Painting Latex Primer on walls and ceiling etc... To be used later for finishing furniture...

I will be buying a compressor anyway soon so I am thinking I may be able to use it for painting on a renovation job....

This compressor

in this combo kit...
kit...
gun...
style Spray Gun -- HVLP..
anyone tried this style of gun for latex paint?...

Is there a better style of gun for Latex application on walls and ceilings? This is hopefully a one time job, and the HVLP gun will be used for lacquer application on furniture later.

Reply to
willr

Been there. Rent an airless for the latex. Air-atomization of latex is problematic unless you thin it a lot. Some are worse than others. I have tried and tried to spray latex with normal equipment...never happy. Rented an Titan airless from my paint store...un-be-frickin-believable. Went out and bought one. Virtually no overspray. Great texture. Very fast. Cleanup is not hard once you develop a few tricks.

The only thing remotely related to latex that I do spray on a regular basis with my HVLP equipment, is Benjamin Moore clear latex-based lacquer.... but it was designed to be sprayed with regular equipment.

Reply to
Robatoy

Good advice -- will do so...

Reply to
willr

Reply to
Joseph Connors

The one I rented was a 6xx-something. Bigger than the 330 model I ended up buying. I have not tried anything other than latex. I spray lacquer with a conventional HVLP gun. and stains with a 25-dollar syphon-style crappy gun.

Reply to
Robatoy