@##$%$%^ splitter/blade guard

Am I the only one in the world who has given up trying to adjust the splitter/ blade guard on my Delta Hybrid table saw? I finally removed it today. It's not my fault. The guys on the "Woodsmith Shop" on TV don't have theirs on.

Pete Stanaitis

Reply to
spaco

Here's one of my favorites:

sure to check out the others in the series!

Reply to
Larry W

sure how real it is, but either way, it's a good reminder to count them both before and after. In between, make doubly sure they stay out of the tool path. (I'm not a doctor and never played one on TV, but I'm pretty certain there would be a good squirt of arterial blood when the thumb gets severed.)

Reply to
MikeWhy

I didn't watch 'em all, just the first link in the post. My opinion is that it was staged. As you indicated, there wasn't nearly enough blood for it to be a actual traumatic amputation.

Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

Reply to
Tom Veatch

I just put my guard back on after 20 years. I have a ten inch bench saw thet fell off the bench when I was ripping a one foot peice of 1x4. Damn thing got the tip of my thumb. From now on it's gunna get bolted down even if it's for one cut. Jerry

Jerry - OHIO

I screwed uo on the second URL.

Here is the one I intended:

an action shot, but a post facto one.

Luigi

Luigi Zanasi

Perhaps the "Woodsmith Shop" guys, and quite a few printed magazine editors, who ought to know better, might think it worth spending a bit of time at:

an entertaining read, for sure, but culled from reputable and experienced sources.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Gorman

wow, that is one sick video. That guy should never have never, ever, attempted to use any kind of tool. Granted, a guard would have stopped the accident, but he would have found another way to mangle himself. Bad as the video is, it doesn't seem logical to use it as an argument for safety features. It COULD be used as an argument for learning what you are doing.

This guy could have done the same thing on a compound miter saw

shelly

Reply to
sheldon.mandel

not to be argumentative, but I'm not so sure. I had a bad accident with a router 2 years ago. No blood anywhere on the router, table, or blade.

I was using a router table, and the fence slipped, causing a climb cut, and away we went/ 1/4 wide, 1/4 inch deep, across the nail bed of the thumb. The nail is pretty much fine now. A guard may have helped, but then again, it probably would have slid out of the way.

Now I check to make sure everything is tightened down real good

shelly

Reply to
sheldon.mandel