Blade Guard for old Craftsman TS

Here's a picture of a similar saw

(scroll down)

Mine has shorter fence rails and a flimsier looking fence, but the rest looks the same. I have not found the blade guard for it. Moreover, it is not obvious to me where a blade guard might attach. I see this for sale on ebay, today:

looks like it would have to screw into a plate off the back end of the table, but I don't see such a plate on the saw. Any guidance?

Reply to
Greg Guarino

the same. I have not found the blade guard for it. Moreover, it is not obvious to me where a blade guard might attach. I see this for sale on ebay, today:

> It looks like it would have to screw into a plate off the back end of the table, but I don't see such a plate on the saw. Any guidance?

I have a Ridgid 3650 table saw. After looking at the Ebay image for the Craftsman guard it seems to have the exact same guard. My guard is attached to triangular casting. This casting attaches to a pin on the back of my saw.

I did a little searching on the the Craftsman web site. Eventually, I found the following documentation on the Craftsman TS Model 113.298030 that is referenced in the Lumberjocks web page.

triangular casting on my guard seems to be item 1 on this diagram. The pin that it mounts to is item 65, etc.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Coby