Better Blade Guard / Splitter Recomendation

I have a LT Unisaw and I am quite dissatisfied with the factory Blade guard / splitter and wonder if anyone can recommend a good after-market one. I am not quite to the point of removing it but I am getting very close. I tend to err on the side of safety vs convienience so I would really like to keep some sort of guard and splitter on the saw.

Thanks in advance for your time . . .

Larry

Reply to
Larry Fox

Here is an excellent article on that subject:

http://www.taunt> I have a LT Unisaw and I am quite dissatisfied with the factory Blade

Reply to
Pat Barber

Pat Barber wrote in news:pdtmc.25566$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

And I have the $30-ish Delta removeable splitter, which I run without a blade guard (don't tell the safety police...) in a hobby studio/shop/garage. My neighbor has the Delta overarm guard, which is the style also installed at the adult education shop where I take classes. The guards are more of a pain that they are worth TO ME. You get to make your own choices.

But, unless there's a sled on my saw, the splitter is in place.

The OEM version is worse than worthless.

Patriarch

Reply to
patriarch

I have both the Uniquard and the Biesemeyer here at the school, and I would recomend both. If you have the Unifence on your saw go with the Uniquard, if you have the Biesemeyer fence, go with the Biesemeyer quard. Each have a removable splitter and easy to use.

Good Luck, Mike from American Sycamore

Reply to
Mike at American Sycamore