spline jig

I have made a spline jig for my table saw. The kind with a carriage that the picture frame rests in, and then you push the jig thru the blade to make the spline cut. How would you clamp the frame in the rest? I can't get the clamp to grab the frame because of the angle of the rest. Patt

Reply to
Patt

I'm not sure I understand why you can't clamp your frame to your jig, but perhaps you need a better jig. See mine :

mine, a clamp squeezes the frame against the MDF portion of the jig.

Reply to
Stoutman

If your spline jig looks like this:

clamp the frame to the jig "fence" (vertical part of the jig).

If it doesn't look like the above, then a better description of what you've built is in order.

Reply to
Swingman