speed control on PC 8529 router

My PC 8529 router has 4 speeds. Up to level 3 everything is OK. When I go to speed level 4 the router starts up, comes up to speed, and then comes to a stop?

Anybody had this problem; is it an easy fix or a junk router?

Len

Reply to
l-lopez

Garden variety, expensive to fix, brain is boogered.

*******************************

n I go to speed level 4 the router starts up, comes up to speed, and then c= omes to a stop?

Reply to
routerman

I go to speed level 4 the router starts up, comes up to speed, and then comes to a stop?

Actually, it's a pretty easy fix. Call porter cable. The little chip board that the variable speed knob is soldered to is easily replaced. They sent me a free one when I was having an issue.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Thanks Mike. I will give them a call on Monday.

Len

Reply to
Len