Specific type of tubing for Exacta fence rails?

I recentlly bought an old Unisaw, and the Delta fence on it isn't that bad. But, the first time I had to make a real cut, other than testing the saw, I needed to cut a 2' x 4' piece of plywood, to 24" The fence only lets me lock it down, for a max cut of about 23 1/2". I could remount the rails, but it would decrease the left side cut. I Have an Jet Exacta fence, but don't have the rails for it. Does anyone know what type of 2 x 3 steel tubing should be used for the rail? I know it's 2" x 3", but don't know the wall thickness, or type of steel. Mild steel, cold rolled, seemless, etc. Does anyone have the answers for me? Also anyone know the size of the angle iron, the rail mounts on?

Thanks, I'm looking forward to making a nice saw, even nicer.

Cliff

Reply to
sailor

That rail size is 2 x 3, not 2 x 4! Typo!

Reply to
sailor

I bought a used Jet with dented rail. Went to a local steel distributor and bought a 9' length of much heavier steel (about .180" thick and straight by eye). I was very carefull when locating, drilling and tapping the mounting holes on the welded seam side, went over the steel with a flexible abrasive (fine) disk to smooth it up, primer, and off-white expoxy paint. Its longer than the original, will never dent, looks and works great.

Jim in the Bluegrass

Reply to
Woodhead