Guide rails for fence

I am looking for the longer guide rails for my original fence. My rails are

36", but that doesn't allow full use of the cast iron wings. I am looking for 42" or longer. does anyone know where I can find rails. Grizzly no longer stocks.
Reply to
jack

I am looking for the longer guide rails for my original fence. My rails are

36", but that doesn't allow full use of the cast iron wings. I am looking for 42" or longer. does anyone know where I can find rails. Grizzly no longer stocks.
Reply to
jack

Well the brand fence you are using might help. Otherwise, Jet used to offer fences and rails as an add on to most any brand saw. IIRC Beismeyer also sells fences and rails.

Reply to
Leon

Are the existing rails tubular or rectangular? If tubular, good luck in finding any, I couldn't a few years ago. Eventually, I made a new fence using a rectangular rail; however, before that I extended the tubular ones with wood....

  1. turn wood to outside tube diameter
  2. turn 6" or so of #1 to tube inside diameter
  3. cut a flat on the inside diameter; I faced my flats with pieces of 1/8" steel
4 drill and tap a hole in the metal tube 3" or so from end
  1. insert into existing metal tubes
  2. secure wooden extensions with a thumb screw.
Reply to
dadiOH

It might be a lot better to just get another fence, assuming you could afford it.

Reply to
Dr. Deb