Sources of coloured lacquer in Western Canada?

I am in the process of refinishing an old pair of bookcases and base cabinets I made when I was about 18. I had finished them with bright fire-engine red lacquer (Chinese Red was the name, FWIW). Actually, my old man did most of the spraying. I remember us figuring out the right mix of thinner and lacquer and finally getting it right at about

50/50. I also remember the red stain on the garage entrance in the back alley that lasted many years (maybe nitro lacquer *is* a good exterior finish for asphalt).

Those bookcases have travelled a lot, literally right across Canada: from three different places in Montreal to Ottawa to Fredericton to St.John's, back to Fredericton and Montreal to finally end up here in Whitehorse. Needless to say (although I am saying it), they are a little beat up, but nothing that a little filler and glue won't fix. And edgebanding for the shelves. The was in the days before iron-on edgebanding came with glue, so we painted some white glue on the birch edgebanding and on the plywood edge, let it dry, and ironed it on.

So I want the same kind of finish: bright red lacquer. A google.ca search for Canadian sites ends up with a bunch of people selling lacquered goods, lots of info on lacquer as a finish. The only site showing up that actually sold lacquer was Russ Ramirez's, weirdly enough, although he is not in Canada. Anyway, he doesn't seem to have what I want.

So does anybody know any firm that could supply me with bright red lacquer and would ship a few litres to Whitehorse?

Luigi Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

sell to Canada)

or try an automotive supply store