Source for T & G lumber in Maine

I'm looking for T & G lumber to build a barn door, preferably cedar, cypress or something light and rot-resistant in Maine or northern New England.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
WCD

White oak.

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

Norman Hunt in Jefferson, Maine will custom cut and mill just about anything. Another option is Sampson Lumber in Warren, Maine.

Phil

Mike > White oak.

Reply to
PC

I can second the vote for Norman Hunt in Jefferson. I've heard Sampson &son have gone into strictly flooring now (but then it would be T&G) and weren't dealing with the general public. I could be wrong (probably am if you ask my wife). Nice people there. If it's closer to you check out Maine Coast Lumber in York or Westbrook.

We buy most of our stock through Maine Coast or Hunt's and often resell to other contractors in the midcoast area when asked.

Reply to
Lenny

As we speak Sampson is milling some 2" and 5/4 birch for me for railings. They seem to have a nice business providing flooring but I don't think they have forgotten their other customers.

Phil Nice people there.

Reply to
Phil

That's good to know, thanks for clearing that up. I remember going there to buy some hardwood early on when they were operating out of a converted cow barn. Alan and his son were very nice and even gave me a quick tour of their operation.

Reply to
Lenny