SOLID CORE DOOR BENCH PLANS

Does anyone know of plans available on the internet to build a bench using a solid core door as a bench top? Thank You in advance, Joe Shea snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

1/27/2005 17:34 EST
Reply to
Joseph E. Shea, Jr.

Please turn off the HTML.

I built mine without plans...

But then, I build pretty much everything without plans...

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Here's a really nice one:

above is a pay plan. It also appeared in Woodsmith long about 1995. You might be able to find a back copy.

If you can't, let me know and I'll dig mine out for you.

I made one of these benches a few years back.

Very sturdy. Very inexpensive.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Decker

Kindly post in text, not html. Here's just one site I turned up with a simple google search...

can be your friend...

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Dave, is that tongue and groove flooring on the top? I tried looking for specifics on your web site but got scared off. }:^)

Reply to
joeD

Yes, it's maple T&G. I broke the glaze on the door with 80 grit paper (I recommend an unfinished door if you have a choice) then both glued and toe-nailed the T&G.

On pic 4 you can see the board nailed to the edge of the door that I used to fit the T&G against. I used 2" finishing nails angled through the top corner of the tongue.

One of these days I'll get around to doing a proper index.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

I want to know what the h*ll all those handsaws are doing on the wall!

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

SOLID CORE DOOR BENCH PLANS

a solid core door as a bench top?

It's called the Weekend Workbench.

did it/have it. It's OK to get you started.

Reply to
patrick conroy

When are you starting on Nick's bench? Joe

Reply to
Joe Gorman

After I finish SWMBO's coffee table... (running joke here)

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone