Slatted Door

I'm not sure if that's the right term or not. It's the type of door you'd see on a bifold type pantry or closet door.

I'm making a cabinet (per SWMBO specs) for the bathroom and the bottom will have towels etc. I thought it would be nice to make those doors out of the slatted style. She wants it white, so materials are nothing special.

Anyone ever made this type door ? How ?

jim

Reply to
Jim Bailey

I wondered myself how this could be done until I saw Norm use a jig and a plunge router to cut the slanted slots.

Reply to
Phisherman

Thanks. Would you happen to remember any more details about how he went about making the template ? Did he then use guide bushing to make the cuts ?

Reply to
Jim Bailey

A recent Woodsmith issue had complete details for making louvered blinds. Norm made fixed louvers in an episode. I'm sure measured drawings are available on the NYW web site. :-)

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

"Jim Bailey" wrote in news:DFULd.14421$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.tampabay.rr.com:

It was the teak bar project. Here is a link to the plans and video that I believe also has the plans for the jig as well.

Rob Ritch

The _lazy_ way is to make the sides of the louvered area in two parts (back and front) 'front' is a _thin_ piece, maybe even just shoe molding.

Then you just rip a bunch of angled through dado cuts on the 'back' piece. something like a box joint jig ensures even spacing. The only tricky part is getting the miter angle for the 2nd side set to an _exact_ match of that for the first side.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi