Sketchup grief again/still... (2023 Update)

Not too intuitive but here is how that works. Right click on the tool bar space either on the left or top area. You will get a drop down tool window listing all visible and non visible tool bars. At the bottom of that window you will see, "ToolBars".

Click Tool bars. This opens a Toolbar dialog box.

NOW, ONLY WHEN THIS TOOLBAR DIALOG BOX IS OPEN...... YOU CAN

Click and drag any icon to any tool bar. With in the ToolBar dialog box you can create a custom and empty tool bar. Drag the icons you want to that tool bar and place the bar where you want.

When you close the ToolBar dialog box you can no longer drag icons.

Reply to
Leon

Hi All don't dispar !! I was one of the first autocad dealers back in 1980/81. The secret to using any new software is to push all of the buttons you can find. Your objectiv e is to get on the same mindset as the project manager for the software. No w you can see how they move from one feature to another.

1st exercise I have my students do/learn is to get familure with moving aro und the screen with a mouse 2nd click on the measurement tool and drag construction lines move the cons truction line in the direction you want the line, then type the exact meas urement , do this in all 3 dimensions 3rd now all you need to do is grab a drawing tool and carefully move the mo use till you see the pointer change then draw from construction line to the next Good luck hope this helps Doc
Reply to
wyzarddoc

Ahhh!!! Thanks...I was never able to recover the default original configuration that I somehow managed to trash...

I did, in fact, however, get enough of the existing floor plan with what is immovable to send to the contractor who's going to rebuild the entryway for us to use as a starting point...he's much more adept than I so I'll gladly pay him a little for the time.

I hated drafting so much when was a first year at uni I didn't enroll in the required-to-graduate 2nd semester on the theory that several years down the road I would be able to substitute some other technical electives for the credit hours and they would let me go ahead and graduate! :) Turns out I didn't have to use any hole cards for that one, the NE Dept dropped the requirement from the syllabus so I saved that ploy for another "required" uninteresting course I avoided... :)

Reply to
dpb

On 7/17/2018 7:58 PM, dpb wrote: ...

I think I now know what I did...I presumed (bad idea, I know! :) ) that "Reset" would bring back a factory default condition instead of wiping out a customized toolbar.

Reply to
dpb

Wise words to a point, now days it seems that if you close a panel, in a program that you are unfamiliar with, you may never figure out how to open it again. But I agree with your thoughts on trying every thing out.

I have received unlimited licenses to a couple of software programs for free. I used trial ware on both and found so many bugs on the first days of new releases that the owners rewarded me with the unlimited licenses. I found bugs that beta testers totally missed.

If there is a bug in software I can find it, as unfortunate as that is.

Reply to
Leon

I've had some issues too, besides the SU thing. For one, I had to uninstall Nero (CD/DVD burner) for some updates to complete. Wierd, because after updating, reinstall Nero and it works fine. Also, one update (I assume) was screwing with my mouse, making it jump all over the place. Something eventually fixed it sort of (still happens occasionally).

Windows is a strange beast, always has been and basically didn't work at all (imo) until XP and is now useable although it continues to act like a wounded buffalo. It is, and I guess always will be, the worlds worst operation system. A prime example of why monopolies are bad...

Reply to
Jack