Sketchup Interchange???

Am I just missing something or is there no apparent path to interchange a .skp file with anything else???

Reply to
dpb

"interchange" as in edit ?

Acad will import .skp files.

Reply to
Spalted Walt

But SU can't create DXF or anything other than SKP afaict?

Reply to
dpb

Not unless you purchase the PRO version.

Reply to
Leon

Leon wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Or download the guitar-list dxf/stl plug in. It's a little wonky but works.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

On 7/19/2018 3:02 PM, Puckdropper wrote: > Leon wrote in > news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com: > >> On 7/19/2018 4:39 PM, dpb wrote: >>> >>> But SU can't create DXF or anything other than SKP afaict? >>> >>> >>> >>> >> Not unless you purchase the PRO version. >> > > Or download the guitar-list dxf/stl plug in. It's a little wonky but > works. > > Puckdropper >

ViaCad will import Sketchup files. I've done a few projects using files from the old Sketchup file library back when Google still had it. Does that still exist?

Last one I did was 3D emboss (raised) of some roses on a little aluminum box as a fun trinket for my wife. Ran it on my slow mill and it took all day.

Imported .skp file and exported an .stl file which I used in CamBam. Did the dimensional adjustments so it would look good for the application in CamBam. I never checked if it would export them as better geometry files like .stp, but ViaCad native format files can be exported in a number of different formats including stl stp iges, and several others.

Now solidpart files are a pain. I have to use Fusion360 for those.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Got a link to that?

Reply to
Leon

Leon wrote in news:Uc-dndt3f7ZNZczGnZ2dnUU7- snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

dxf-or-stl

I've been using the stl this thing creates straight up in Cura Lulzbot Edition. The DXFs take a bit of cleanup as it's flattening 3D into 2D and some lines become invisible when you do that. (The computer still knows its there and may try to cut the line twice.)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

thanks