Sighs Blacksheep Woodworking... (Sy Kaplan)?

Evening everyone,

I am trying to find Sy Kaplan's Back Sheep Woodworks website and all I am coming up with is,

all it shows is one table and not an entire web site. Does anyone know a different web address for the entire site? I would like to look at more of Sigh's work and see what he is up to but I cannot.

Thanks,

David.

Reply to
David F. Eisan

Um, have you emailed him?

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 03:10:44 GMT, "David F. Eisan" calmly ranted:

Man, Sheepy must be doing a LOT of work to have taken the rest of his site down and leaving that terse page. Have you tried the into@ email yet?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Hi Dave,

I pinged Sy on the back channel. Perhaps he will respond here. If I hear from him I'll let you know.

Nova

I heard from Sy on the back channel. He says he and his cousin are in the process of redoing the web site and he hasn't had enough time to finish it yet. He was happy to hear that people from the "wreck" are interested in his work.

Nova

Hey David,

Any luck in finding a crack house yet?

Reply to
WebsterSteve

The Nannup Furniture Gallery Support small business ~ Save a Species Today ~ ME!

snipped-for-privacy@swanriverfurniture.com.au

Gudday youse blokes . . ..

I get the odd email from Sigh - but anything I send to him comes back . . . ..

Whats the back channel? - you blokes havent been reading those Gay Mags while I have been in hibernation have you?

Had a line from Dave Fleming this morning to say hi - and he has inspired me to have a quick dekko on the old group to see who is still bouncing around - good to see that a lot of you still are . . . ..

Phully

Reply to
Phil Laird

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 10:40:59 +0800, "Phil Laird" calmly ranted:

Still upsidedowning the sig, are ya?

G'day, mate. 'Ow the 'ell are ya?

His website is in rejection as well, but he's said to be working on it.

Testosterone City. The annual antique steam and gas engine show was held in Pottsville, OR today. 'Twas fun until the temps hit 90+ (32C in Ozspeak.)

Ayup, those of us who are left (who weren't driven off by the herds of peccaries) are having fun.

I'm still trying to get enough of the other projects out of my shop to get to woodworking. the drip irrigation is in, Grandpa's old .22 is reblued, some plumbing is reworked, and the spring shrubbery has been trimmed and burnt before fire season started. The garden's in and I'm having fresh lettuce (3 kinds) and spinach leaves for my salad every evening now. Cukes, cantaloupe, acorn and spagetti squarshies are all flowering for me, and some green beans are now sprouted. How's the first day of winter treating you? (Ours shows up in 3 hours but you're ahead of us.)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

The Nannup Furniture Gallery Support small business ~ Save a Species Today ~ ME!

snipped-for-privacy@swanriverfurniture.com.au

I always like it on top Lazza . . .

Be careful of all them vegies mate - you dont know whats in some of that soil they grow in .. . . ..

Winter is trying to kick in - not too bad though. Cool mornings and evenings. Had a bit of rain and the river is over the crossing - and we have had to pull two idiots out of the river already . . . at least the fire truck gets logged out so that it looks good for our funding revenue . . . .

Flat out with work - and still drinking, only a body weight or two a day though - in fact I am even feeling a bit better after last nights sesh at th' boozer in town.

And no, I dont have a problem - . . .. . . . well not with drinking anyway - dodging the Roo's on the way home is a bit ordinary though . . . . . .

If I get a chance I'll bung a bit of my latest stuff up . .. ( thats work, up on the alt.binaries - not latest stuff up .. . ) ah ... bugguer it. never mind.

Good to see that you are enjoying yer self out there in Oregano Lassa.

Phully

Reply to
Phil Laird

[...]

Phully? That really you? I thort the Nannuptians got you! Looking forward to seeing some more of your work.

cheers,

Reply to
Greg Millen

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 13:07:12 +0800, "Phil Laird" calmly ranted:

In my nice, composted riverbed soil, lots of good vits and mins. All the nice earthworms see to part of that.

Is your river a constant flow like our little Rogue, or does it dry up in the summer? You ought to offer to build a nice bridge out of that Oregon Pine you boast about. Put a nice tar and turp stain on it, and replace it every 3 years when it rots out. Yeah, your many elves would be busy with THAT one, alright. Mark it up to half a mil at a go and you 'n Jean could actually afford a Winter Palace. (Or did you want a Summer Chateau? I forgot.)

I never doubted you for that, ya lush. ;) Right, about the work, either. Are you still finding those dirt-cheap boatloads of jarrah every weekend?

Nope. You drink, you fall down, you get back up. No problem.

I ADORE it here. Right nowk it's settling into the weather I used to have in LoCal. Hot (but a lot drier), sunny, and no change for months. It does cool off at night up here, tho ugh, so it's a lot more comfy even if I didn't have an A/C unit.

Take care, Phulls.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Got a nice recipe for the earthworms? How do you clean out the gunk in their intestines before cooking?

Reply to
Phil Hansen

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 19:09:22 +0200, Phil Hansen calmly ranted:

I don't fish and I don't harm the lovely little wormies, Phil. They crap in my garden that it might thrive. Makes you want to go out and eat something fresh out of the soil, doesn't it?

------------------------------------------------------ No matter how hard you try, you cannot baptize a cat. ----------------------------

Comprehensive Website Development ---------------------------------------------------

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I'm ready to poison the slimy things to rid my yard of them. Last evening my daughter and I were doing a little garden hose playing and we ended up soaking some bare ground with a low spot. At least 15 worms came to the surface, some as big as my pinky in diameter and 8" long - all within an area of only 18"x18". Damn worms create hard piles about

3" in diameter and 1" tall in the yard. Makes for very bumpy mowing and uncomfortable barefoot walking. I grew up believing the worms were valuable assets to a yard but I'm not so sure anymore. (Commented to my daughter that we could open a nightcrawler stand as we live near the Willamette R.)
Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

Steve,

Not yet, still looking. Nice new addition to your house recently! Congrats again.

David.

Reply to
David F. Eisan

Just means you have a very healthy yard Owen.(G,D,&R)

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 14:27:48 -0700, Fly-by-Night CC calmly ranted:

I don't have NCs. Mine are nice, friendly, quiet, unassuming earthworms. Condolences on the giants, Owie.

I'm finding gopher holes under my garden but no missing plants since I killed the family of slugs. Time for the nice metal trap with sharp pincers.