Semi Gloat

As mentioned in a previous post last week, I was in the market for my first jointer and had found one for sale in my local online classifieds. It was a Ridgid JPO610 6" model, well reviewed in FWW a while back. The guy was selling it along with a lathe, a floor standing drill press and a spindle sander, all Ridgid. I asked if he would be willing to break up the set and he agreed but said he couldn't accept less than $250 (vs. $450 list price) and that it had to be this weekend. Fine, I tell him. "By the way, I assume the jointer is in good working condition, right?," I ask him on the phone.

"I imagine it is. It's still in its box, unopened." (Sound of my job dropping.)

I went to pick it up this morning. We cut the straps to open the box for me to inspect it. I gave him the cash and we loaded it up in the van. I drove singing "Happy birthday to me" all the way home. Thanks, SWMBO.

Ian

P.S.-If anybody in the LA area is looking for the other tools, drop me a line off list and I'll get you the contact info.

Reply to
Ian Dodd

Suck Suck Suck Suck

Reply to
Joe_Stein

I paid that for my JP0610 too. I was cruising through Home Depot last year and was looking at the floor model. Salesman came over and asked if I was interested and I told him that it was more than I wanted to spend. He said they had one more in a box in the back that he would let me have for $250. They were clearing them out for the new models which, as far as he could see, were only different in color. SOLD, I said. And I didn't even have to help load it. Mine has a grey stand and the new ones had the Ridgid orange stand. Don't know if there is anything else different because I haven't looked back.

Wayne

Reply to
NoOne N Particular