Sears Part Numbers

I read somewhere that there is a code to decipher who makes what for sears. Any idea where to find it. I tried Google, no luck?

Ed

Reply to
Ed Ahern

Unquestionably Confused

Sears Roebuck & Company LISTING OF SOURCES BY SOURCE NUMBER For many products, Sears Roebuck used the first three numbers of the Model Number (usually followed by a decimal point) to indicate the actual manufacturer of the product. For instance 500.49828 is an engine built by Briggs & Stratton. The following is a partial list of such numbers. Any additions to the list would be appreciated. (Note) Many Thanks to Ronald Hasselback, James B. Ricci, and other's for supplying us with source codes and links.

002 Lemont Industries 101 Atlas Press Co. 103 Sarlo Power Mower Inc. 109 AA Engineering 112 Parks Tool Co. (Woodworking equipment) 113 Emerson Electric Co.
Pioneer Gen-E-Motor 121 Dille & McGuire 122 Blair Mfg. 123 Yard-Man 128 E.T. Rugg 129 Mono Mfg. Co 131 Rally/Roper Lawn 136 Toro Mfg. Co
Tecumseh (Lauson Power Prod. Co.) 145 Country Manufacturing
Village Blacksmith (Div. of McGraw Edison) 160 Wisconsin Magneto 180 Lambert Corp. 202 Gannon Mfg. Co. 217 Eska Outboards 219 MTD
Beard-Poulon & Lazy Boy 241 Fimco 247 MTD-Modern Tool and Die (not MID) 250 J.I. Case 257 Allegretti & Co. & Paramount 271 Kioritz Corp. - Echo 283 Thomas Industries 291 American Lawn Mower 355 Roper Outdoor 358 Beaird - Poulan, Inc. 359 Bolens Products Div.
US Lawn 372 Zeus Generator Co. 378 Omark (Oregon) 380 Moto-Mower, Inc./Subsidiary of Dura Corp. 390 King-O-Lawn 410 John Bean Food Mach. & Chem. 417 Stover Engine Works 426 Parker Sweeper 445 Melmer 473 Quincy Compressor 486 Agri-Fab
Indiana Steel 498 Didier Mfg. Co. 500 Briggs & Stratton Corp.
Murray Ohio
Homelite 521 E Z Rake Co. 536 Western Tool & Stamping (Before AMF Lawn & Garden Div.) 538 AMF and or Murray 549 Midwest Ind. 580 Generac Corporation
Clinton Engine Co. 610 Ohio Steel Fabrication
Arps Corp. 636 Echo 639 King-O-Lawn 651 O.M.C. Dist. (also Standard Eng.) 654 Mott 663 Air Cap Industries 733 Fairbanks Morse
Onan
0 & R Engines 757 Brinly-Hardy Co., Inc.
Mercury Clutch Division 778 Comet Industries 785 General Power (Magna America Corp.) 798 Speed King 809 AMF 842 Haban Mfg. 854 White Farm Equipment Corp. (formerly Oliver)
Black and Decker
Roper Corp. (American Yard Prod.)
Original Tractor Cab Co.
Sunbeam (now Air Cap Ind.) 7075 Prestolite Battery
Reply to
Leon

See:

no(SPAM)vasys

Reply to
Ed Ahern

GENTLEMEN? Gentlemen and scholars!

Good listing: The couple I checked that Im aware of at least were correct. Hey, it's a good beginning an infinitely farther than I've gotten to date.

Thanks,

Pop

: > >

: >