scroll saw?

Reply to
Puff Griffis

are scroll saws useful? i was wondering what they were used for that a band saw couldnt do.

thanks

Reply to
Ah10201

One of the more important differences is that they can be used to cut curves of much smaller radius.

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Reply to
Blue

Inside cuts. You can drill a small hole, shove your scroll saw blade through.

Places where I may need a very small kerf.

I use the scroll saw a lot to make patterns that I can follow with a bearing router bit.

I have used mine to make puzzles for the kids.

Scroll saw blades can turn on a .... point, if you have the right blade. a Band saw will always need some radius to turn in. The finest band saw blade will not turn a corner as tight as a scroll saw.

Kids can use a scroll saw. they are safer than a band saw.

hey, get a cheap Delta, see for yourself. I think bLowes has them on sale for like 40 bucks. Than glue a photo on to a thin hunk of wood, and freehand cut yourself a jig saw puzzle. Kinda fun, the first few times.

-Dan V.

Reply to
Dan Valleskey