Sandpaper tip

I have not tried this yet, but it sounds like a good tip to extend the use of sandpaper for the palm sander. Though, I'm still thinking about how the (ease of) punching of holes for dust collection will work.

Phisherman

It does work. I use masking tape on all my paper that I use on Machines. Two layers , one vertical and one horizontal. As for punching holes, my palm sander came with a metal plate that you place over the paper after it is fitted and just press. It punches the holes for you. Another Idea which I have used on my older sander is to cut a plywood copy of the sander base, complete with holes in the appropriate locations. Place this on the paper before fitting it and use a wad punch through the ply template to punch the holes. (I find that the masking tape is better as it has a rough upper surface and doesn't slip) IT WORKS and for once the paper wears out instead of tearing apart. Regards John

Reply to
John B