Ryobi RE-600 Router.

Hi, my first post to this group, I'm looking for some help.....

A friend has a Ryobi RE-600 router, which has now ceased to function, after having threatened to do so on a couple of previous occasions.

He removed the switch/speed control casings - whilst sat on a lawn! - and noted that "something" fell out, that he could not find.

Having had a look, it is apparent that the resister denoted as "R6" has departed from the speed control board.

I have searched through the internet for information regarding the machine in question, and am surprised that there is very little to be found, and none that is of any assistance.

Has anyone got one of these routers in bits, or access to a wiring diagram, so that I can obtain the correct resistor to return the router to full function?

Reply to
Will

Will wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

When resistors explode that means that something is seriously amiss with the remaining parts. I have never seen a case where the replacement of the resistor would fix it. Time to pack it up and send it in for repair!

Rich Andrews