Ryobi 3x21 belt sander question

I have recently purchased the Ryobi 3x21 belt sander. When the trigger is pulled the sander takes about 2 seconds to begin running. It comes up to speed and runs fine. The manual says nothing about the slow start. Is this normal or bad karma for not buying the lovely Craftsman 3x21 sander?

Reply to
rmeyer1

If it makes you feel any better, the Craftsman is probably made by Ryobi.

Does the Ryobi not turn at all for 2 seconds?

Reply to
Leon

Mine starts immediately.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Why fool with it,take it back and exchange it.

You probably didn't spend 2nd class money.

Why should you be satisfied with 2nd class performance?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

what model number?

Reply to
HappyGilmore

Mine starts immediately. Take it back.

Reply to
Phisherman

It is model number BE321VS It has a variable speed control (which I have never had before on a belt sander) which made me wonder if the slow start was normal for this feature.

Reply to
rmeyer1

That might be normal if the speed control has feed back to keep a constant speed during a load. I have a router that starts up the same way.

Reply to
Leon

"> Mine starts immediately. Take it back."

Good advise, I took it back to the BORG. Went to my local toolhouse ( Where I should have gone in first place). Put hands on to test Bosch, PC, Dewalt. Liked e'm all. Bought the PC 3x21. (on sale) Thanks for all the help/advise.

Reply to
rmeyer1