Ryobi BT3100 OEM blade worth sharpening?

It would cost me about $15, not so bad. But I wonder if you guys think it's better to save the money and go by something like Forrest WWII or not.

Thanks!

Reply to
sphruksawan

I have a bt3000 and a forrest ww2 blade, and I have not been able to detect a difference in the cuts, either speed or smoothness, between them. I have had the ryobi blade sharpened, and one tooth repaired, all that was around $15 from a professional tool blade sharpener here in Burbank. The forrest has not been back to the company for sharpening and is finally due. If anything, I think the forrest must have better carbide, as it seems to stay sharp longer. BTW, I also finally got a freud thin kerf rip blade, and it was really worth it for my saw. Rips with about half the effort of a combo blade, and just as smooth. With the fence perfectly square to the blade and proper technique, I get glueline smooth rips from any of the above blades. Hope this helps, Gary

Reply to
gpdewitt