Ryobi

Neither a recommendation for, or comments against, Ryobi tools.
If you got them, you know what they are worth and build quality. If you don't have any, the new yellow One+ series are decent and have Li-Ion batteries that fit the older blue one Ryobi cordless stuff.
Batteries are robust and with the Li-Ion chemistry provide decent service.
Just passing along that Home Depot has one of their special going through the first week or so of June (they do this once or twice a year)
Deal: Two, 3.0Ah batteries with power level indicator, a charger, and carry all case that will hold the aforementioned plus a couple of the cordless tools. You get this AND choice of one free bare tool for $99
Pretty decent selection of bare tools as well. I really like their reciprocal saw for use in the yard for trimming off dead limbs, scrub brush, etc. Picked up a leaf blower today which probably won't blow many leaves off the lawn, but SWMBO is overjoyed at the manner in which it rids the deck of maple seeds and grass trimming off the sidewalk and driveway.
The bare tools offered run anywhere from $30 to $80. A decent deal if you can use the batteries or tools
Here's a link:
"https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-18-Volt-ONE-LITHIUM-HP-3-0-Ah-Battery-2-Pack-Starter-Kit-with-Charger-and-Bag-P166/308056104?irgwc=1&cm_mmc¯l-ir-10451-456723-&clickid=wnmQQqyrwxyJReUwUx0Mo3c3Ukl3t5y2uVt8xo0"
Add pictures here
✖

Here's a tip back at ya. I have a reciprocal saw and had bought a set of Milwaukee blades that came with a special blade for trimming tree branches. Wow, does that sucker cut. I didn't know that was in the set when I bought it, but it cuts limbs like butter and I highly recommend it.
--
Jack
✖
On 5/21/2019 7:19 AM, Jack wrote:

[snip]

Coulda, shoulda probably mentioned that. Ahead of you there. Picked up some of those blades (Diablo ? brand) and they are great.
That reciprocal saw is "dedicated" for yard work and it, alone, makes this deal a winner if you need something like that and don't already have one. Two solid batteries, a charger and reciprocal saw for $99 ;)
Add pictures here
✖
On 5/21/2019 9:38 AM, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

And way tooooooooo expensive.
You really don't need more than a regular demo blade to trim bushes but the blade made to do this is better. This one does not sting so much. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Diablo-9-in-5-TPI-Fleam-Ground-Pruning-Reciprocating-Saw-Blade-5-Pack-DS0905FG5/203464786
Add pictures here
✖
On 5/21/2019 10:38 AM, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

Never used that one, but mine is this one: https://www.cpomilwaukee.com/milwaukee-48-00-1301-sawzall-blade-9-in--5-tpi--5-pc-/miln48-00-1301,default,pd.html
or
https://tinyurl.com/y5tnb4kd
That page shows it at $18+. I didn't pay that much for the whole set.
Not saying anything about the Lee Valley blade, never used it, but the Milwaukee pruning blade works great. Both are over priced on the sites imo. $20 bucks for a sawzall blade seems much.
Amazon has 5 of them for $13: (Amazon.com product link shortened)°72WM881G&pd_rd_wü1E7&pf_rd_pŠ8f3917-7900-4ce8-ad90-adf0d53c0985&pd_rd_wgôvgd&pf_rd_r=YJS5QTVAC0DPAQ2B935C&pd_rd_r¬700727-7eee-11e9-a3fd-f157ef2b5308
or
https://tinyurl.com/y5de3luj
Probably a good deal, but never used them, so could be good, or junk, no recommendation, just 5x cheaper.
--
Jack
✖
On 5/25/2019 9:21 AM, Jack wrote:

--
Jack
✖
On 5/25/2019 8:24 AM, Jack wrote:

The Diablo Pruning blade is a hair under $12 per five pack at the BORG. Never tried the Milwaukee version as there was no need. I'm only on my 2nd Diablo blade after three seasons!

Add pictures here
✖

Yellow! Ok, That seems better than the limp green I thought that color was. LOL.
Thanks for the review.

I Ryobi just now going to Li-Ion?

Sounds like a deal especially if you want a particular tool that yo do not currently have.

Add pictures here
✖
On 5/21/2019 7:23 AM, Leon wrote:

You say limp green I say yeller. . . Easy to distinguish from "Bah Blue!" ;) Add to that you won't misplace them with their fluorescent magnificence!

Switched to Li-Ion a couple of years back (4 ?).

For sure!
Add pictures here
✖
in rec.woodworking the following:

    Whimper ... yes, and that price is good, and I need to replace the batteries I have and if they'll throw in a nailer, well the retirement money is just sitting there.
--
pyotr filipivich
✖

    Now, trying to figure out which ones are covered (I'm curious about their electric lawnmowers. How many batteries does _that_ take?)
    My question is: go for one of the nailers, or ... (I have the circ saw, chain saw, and recip, so I "need" something else)
--
pyotr filipivich
✖

[snip]

Click on the link below the price and when the page refreshes you should see a list of all the tools included in the deal. Not sure that there's a nailer though.
Add pictures here
✖
14:08:22 -0500 typed in rec.woodworking the following:

    Okay.
--
pyotr filipivich
✖