Router table question

I'm considering an extension router table for my Delta contractor saw and came across a cast iron version in the MLCS catalog. <

Does

anyone have first hand experience with this router table? It looks good in the catalog, aluminum table insert and decent fence.

Thanks

Reply to
Ralph Abate

I have one that came with my Craftsman contractor saw. However, the one that I have allows me to use the actual saw fence with a router attachment. I like it enough that when I upgrade my saw, I will have to really think about how to compensate for the loss of the router table extension. Granted, I 've never had a dedicated router table, but this thing really works well. It's a space saver too. I've added a bunch of home-made attachments (feather boards, stops, dust collection, etc.) and really do get a lot of use out of it.

Reply to
Doug

Does

anyone

Thanks for your comments, I ordered the cast iron table from MLCS and set it up last night. The quality is pretty good. I had to make minor adjustments to the removable insert, it was just a few thousands to large to fit into the table at first. Looking forward to making some draws with a lock miter bit on a sturdy table this weekend.

Reply to
Ralph Abate