router bit source

Does anyone have a source for a 40mm core box router bit? I've DAGS and not found anything.

For the imperially-minded, this is roughly 1 37/64 inches.

If you find it on google, I submit to your superior searching skills.

TIA,

Joe

Reply to
Joe

I'd take a 1 5/8, but that's as far off as I can go.

Thanks,

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Why does it have to be 40mm instead of 38mm - 1 1/2" or 44mm - 1 3/4", all of which you must have found already...

Can you make the cut in two passes? Are you willing to have a custom bit made?

-- JeffB remove no.spam. to email

Joe wrote:

Reply to
JeffB

Whiteside has a 1-1/2" and a 1-3/4" if that's close enough and you can use 1/2" shank bits.

-Leuf

Reply to
Leuf

Joe wrote: | I'd take a 1 5/8, but that's as far off as I can go.

Joe...

MLCS

has #8727 1-5/8 inch Core Box bit that you might be able to take to a sharpening service and ground to 40mm.

Morris Dovey

The application is more exact than either 1 1/2 or 1 3/4. That's why I need a 40mm.

jc

Reply to
Joe

doesn't work, I know someone who'll grind it to 40mm.

Thanks again,

Joe

Reply to
Joe

There are some places that will custom make whatever you want.

Edwin Pawlowski