Riving Knife on Ryobi BT3100

I finally got a table saw this weekend, I picked the Ryobi BT3100 and I'm pretty impressed with, bang for the buck. The only trouble I'm having is that the riving knife seems pretty flimsy and it wobbles a lot. Moreover, no arrangement of the shims aligns it properly with the saw blade. I've got all my shims on one side and it's still off and there's no more to move to fix it! Anybody else encountered this?

Reply to
Ben Siders

I know this is not what you wanted, but I was curious what the riving knife is for. I have looked at pictures, but I can't tell. It was on a circular saw, though.

Reply to
jm

Pretty much the same thing as a splitter, but I think it follows the blade up and down as you raise and lower it.

nuk

Reply to
nuk

You'll get the answers you're looking for over at

Everything you'll ever want to know about the saw and it capability.

Reply to
Steve Meckel

Reply to
Ben Siders