ripping harwood/ blade wander

I find when ripping 1"kiln dried birch my blade does a bit of wandering. I tried a 36 tooth flat tooth for ripping and a 40 tooth atb for comparison and they both do it. Both blade a sharp. Is this normal, would blade stabilizers help prevent this? Does not do it with pine.

Reply to
mark

If you are using a thin kerf blade consider stabilizers. Is the board flat? Are you using feather boards in front of the blade? Is the fence parallel to the blade?

Reply to
Leon

Are you sure that it is the blades? If both blades wobble would check to make sure that it isn't the saw. Have you given the saw a tune-up?

Reply to
Frank Drackman

Even cheap, thin blades should not wander. Wobble maybe but wander? Review your ripping technique. DAGS - Check your blade - fence alignment. Get a good quality ripping blade.

Dave

Teamcasa

I have to compensate for the flexibility of the fence on my proxxon table saw, usually by clamping a piece of stock to the table behind it.

And, like Leon says, use a featherboard or similar to keep the board up against the fence.

er

Reply to
Enoch Root

Reply to
mark

Reply to
Woodhead

If the motor bogs, feed slower. If the wood burns at that slow feed rate, get a blade with less teeth.

Reply to
CW