Rip blade help

Vera is far better it smells so sweet and the sawdust is weird it lumps together you can squeeze it into a ball. makes my whole shop smell nice. Knight-Toolworks

handmade wooden planes

Reply to
Steve knight

Same here, especially for 1/2" hardwoods.

I MIGHT switch to a 24T rip blade or a 30T WWII for stuff 8/4 and up, or if the saw was used for ripping for hours on end. Something is wrong with your WWII or your saw setup.

I like Ridge Carbide and full kerf Freud rip blades as a second choice to a 30T WWII.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

Like both you and Leon, I rarely remove my WWII, but I was given a Freud "Glue line rip" blade as a gift and recently used it to rip a bunch of cabinet rails and stiles. I was pleased with the results.

Sometimes it is just nice to have an option.

Reply to
Swingman

I bought one at a show last fall.(glue line rip)

That is a pretty sporty blade. Freud makes many fine blades but I really like this blade.

Sw> Like both you and Leon, I rarely remove my WWII, but I was given a Freud

Reply to
Pat Barber