Rigid Vs. DeWalt

So a Ridgid tool is both as good as Milwaukee and as poor as a Ryobi all at once?

Reply to
Jim Weisgram

I've had the Ridgid 12" SCMS for about 9 months, used regularly for cabinet making and finish work. It was not quite dead-on out of the box, but after about 30 minutes tweaking, I haven't had to adjust it since. (I don't transport it, so I don't have any info about throwing it around and holding adjustment)

The laser and the dust bag are useless. The arbor-mounted laser projects a line about 3/32" to the left of the kerf. I had no plans to use the dust bag anyway. I chose the Ridgid over the DeWalt because of the Ridgid's larger table surface, and the higher fence extensions which are extra cost on the DW. Stock blade is not bad - gives a nice clean crosscut in hardwood.

Overall I am very pleased with it.

Reply to
gw

Please read my RETRACTION of the below post, which I have posted as a separate topic today (Wednesday) (Not all Milwaukees are as they seem).

The vise I bought was not made by the Milwaukee tool company we are otherwise referring to.

Reply to
Mark Cooper