rigid planer

has anyone seen it yet? Sounds good or almost to good to be true.

Reply to
bob kater

Yeah, it has been around since about the last millennium.

Is there a new one?

Reply to
Leon

Are you talking about the TP1300LS or a newer model?

I have the 1300, so you could say that I've seen it, I guess...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Check the Ridgid web site for the new three blade model.

Reply to
Charlie Self

Looks like they did some of the same kind of planning with it that they did with the oscillating belt sander--storage for everything including spare blades. If it works as well and the price is right then it should be a winner.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Reply to
bob kater

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck

Yeah being able to plane to that thickness is an advantage but you can do that on other planers as well if you simply put a thicker board under the thin one. But if this is not a replacement planer that feature would be a nice one.

Reply to
Leon

Damn.. Murphy's law, Charlie.. I'm not even going to look..

I bought the "old" one a few months ago and still haven't used it..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

The 1300 has storage for blades and comes with all the tools that you need to change blades and adjust the planer, so I'd guess that the new one does too..

I realized after I set up and adjusted the in/out feed tables that I didn't need to dig out any tools, I just didn't notice the "tools" label and little door.. DUH..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

LOL,,, Put it on e-bay and make a profit!

Reply to
Leon

Nah... I got it right after my last flatwork project and have another one coming up.. Too much hassle getting a new one smuggled into the country, too..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

Of course like all spelling flames, that one included the obligatory mispelting.

Ridgid Tools is a play on words. The company was first located on Ridge Rd in North Ridgeville and has since moved West.

Regrettably, they have discontinued their famous tool calendars.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

and licensed the "Ridgid" name to Home Depot.. Sort of wrenching idea, that, er?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

When did they leave Elyria?

The loss of the calendar marks the loss of a piece of Americana

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Nova

Gone are the freebies, now they want you to pay them for their advertising.

Very good PR

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I still see them in the distributors and at those mechanics who purchase direct -- my reading is they're still available gratis if you're a sufficient customer, just not "giveaways" any longer. I kinda' think this has been the case for quite a while now, actually. Not that I would ever have had one in the shop meself, mind you... :)

--

Reply to
dpb

Reply to