Rigid Joiner

Seems that Home depot is selling off their current model of 6" joiner. Its $80 off at this time. Is it good or bad?

Reply to
David Ewers

It's good.

Stephen R.

Reply to
Stephen R

One the other hand, it might not be much of a problem since one bright light shining star HD tool corral worker proudly told me that the Ryobi AP1300 thickness planer blades would fit the Ridgid 6-1/2-inch jointer/planer "because they're double edged"!

Yeah, right. That's making me consider returning the machine and just going elsewhere.

Reply to
Steve

On the other hand, though, one Bright Light Shining Star tool corral employee told me that the Ryobi AP1300 (thickness planer) knives would fit the Ridgid 6-1/2-inch jointer just fine because "they're double edged"!

With reassurance like that I'm considering returning it and buying something else from somewhere else.

Reply to
Steve

Perhaps a new model is coming out so the old stock must make room... but since Home Depot charges something like 21 % or so interest on their credit cards I wouldn't suspect a price cut of 80 dollars eminates from the goodness of their hearts.

A flaw in the product might have been discovered after zillions of them were manufactured and the product line is discontinued... such as in the case of a certain model number of Porter Cables routers... so now they entice the public into getting their defective product by a price slash.

" Let the buyer beware " as the saying goes. And besides, would you want your surgeon to operate on you using low bid tools ???

Reply to
oakman

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 04:09:02 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@woodworker.com Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

umm, you don't read much about tools do ya?

do yourself a favor, and search the archives for the emmerson/home depot/ridgid discontinued machines threads. . .

Reply to
Traves W. Coppock

Nor does he read Owners Manuals. OK, I'll contribute to your delinquency just this one time. Parts are readily available here:

TomL

Reply to
Grandpa

Reply to
Grandpa

I have the same jointer and the same trouble finding replacement knives. I bought a set of knives at Sears and they seem to work just fine. I don't think the Ridgid knives are out of the ordinary, so I bet Delta or Jet knives would probably work too.

Reply to
Kevin Wilcox