Ridgid Powertools 3 year and extended warranty

Hello All, In the last 2 years I have bought 2 drills/drivers from Skill. After a year of use, the batteries die out and I have to buy a new drill/driver ('cuase the batteries are very expensive). Anyway, I saw this extended warranty stuff for Ridgid drills/drivers (or Powertools in general). Is that for real? Can they replace the batteries for free once the battery is dead? Can anybody please help me with this?

Thanks

Reply to
aash73

I bought two Ridgid ROS from HD. I followed their procedure for registering with Ridgid for a "lifetime" warranty. They rejected it saying my receipt from HD was invalid. I expect that is what they will say when you try to get replacement batteries.

Reply to
Toller

When the tool was purchased would determine when and if the particular tool has a lifetime warranty. I suspect you did not purchase during the time frame that the lifetime warranty was being offered.

I do know that the life time warranty was first offered several years ago for a brief period and several years later the lifetime warranty was reinstated.

Reply to
Leon

I bought it about 8 months ago. It had a 3 year warranty, but could be made lifetime if you sent in the receipt. They rejected my receipt as being invalid. Odd that HD receipts are invalid.

Reply to
Toller

Reply to
Mike Berger

I bought a Ridgid brad nailer from HD and had no problems registering for the lifetime warranty.

No idea why yours would have issues.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

Reply to
mapdude

Must be the same outfit that handles the Symantec rebates. They said I should send them "valid" receipts, but, as I mentioned in my ignored e-mail, that was impossible, since they had the originals, as requested.

Not that an original would last three years anyway. I staple my receipts inside the covers of the tool manual, and the greasy thermal paper is blank in a year. Think it might be designed that way?

Reply to
George

I've registered tools and batteries for the lifetime warranty without a problem and now have a reference number for that warranty. I haven't seen it advertised in the store recently and suspect that the "lifetime" warranty is not always available.

Reply to
JimR

I bought a Ridgid 18v drill driver about a year ago to replace my Milwaukee (with dead batteries) which replaced my DeWalt (also with dead batteries). I bought the Ridgid because of the lifetime guarantee, which they say, includes coverage on the batteries.

Registering for the warrantee was a complete pain in the ass. Their website is totally non-intuitive and non-user friendly. I am sure it was all planned this way to wear down lesser dilligent applicants with hopes they will just give up and go away. After a few months waiting for them to approve my application, I now have my "certified" lifetime guarantee.

That said, the drill is just fine. If I can actually collect on the warranty when the batteries die, this tool will have been a very good investment. While I think their tools in general are a pretty good value, this kind of sleazy tactic leaves a very bad taste.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck