Ridgid 3650 T/S

Got a question for anyone with this saw! I know that Mac has one and has cured this situation, just not sure how! I need a zero clearance insert and from several catalogs the one for a Sears machine is the same. However, picked one up from the local Rockler and there are some major differences. Ridgid has an interlock at the rear to prevent (?) the insert from lifting; also the front does not have a screw hole to secure it (could drill a hole, no problem) on this one. BTW; no listing from Ridgid and would prefer to buy one rather than build one.

Reply to
Bill Hall

The ridgid part # is AC1045 zero clearance insert

Rusty

I make my own and have no tab at the back, it's not a problem. If it's screwed down where is it going to go?

-Leuf

Reply to
Leuf

Woodcraft lists one as #832215 $21.99 in the on-line catalog, but I have seen them with sale prices in the local store.

Reply to
Robert Haar

Hi Bill,

I just made a few of my own for my 3650. I took some scrap pine, planed it to the proper thickness and cut blanks "close to size" on the bandsaw, After that I double stick taped the orig. Ridgid insert to the balnks and routed to size using a flush trim bit. I kept the tab on the back in the pattern and nibbled away the top of it to fit under the lip. Then I drilled / countersunk the hole in the front. I painted them all flourescent orange for safety. All told, I now have 3 zero clearance inserts and the cost was zero (I already had the scrap wood and the paint). They aren't fancy but they are easy to make and do what they are supposed to.

Note: The Ridged TS3650 with a 10" blade will not retract enough to allow you to seat the blank and then raise the blade into it. You can solve this a couple of ways. The safe way is to install a smaller diameter blade (like one blade from an 8" dado set) and then raise it up through the blank. I don't recommend lowering the blank onto the spinning blade but I know some people do it that way. It seems way too dangerous.

Hope this helps, Chuck

Reply to
Chuck

Reply to
Bill Hall

What Rusty said... I wanted to get the ones from ridgid, (zero and dado) but they don't ship by US mail and that's all I can receive here in Mexico.. I got the ones from Lee Valley and the instructions that came with them listed the saws it fit, while their web page just said 10" and the measurements of the plate.. I ended up replacing the pin in the back with a longer allen bolt and drilling a center hole in the front.. I also had to shim the sides because the ones that I got sat about 3/8" below the table surface..

They have them in stock at ridgid, hope this dumb-ass link works:

it's part #AC1045 at
remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Or, you can route (rout?) a depression on the bottom side for the blade, as the "store bought" ones have..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

"mac davis" wrote

Ya know Mac, there are the many private mail box services on this side of the border who remail things for folks all the time. Or you could set up something with one of your friends.

I had a friend, who traveled alot who did this.

He got a credit card listing the private mailbox as his home address. (or list a friend's address.) He would call each month to get his balance and paid by electronic check. When he wanted something forwarded to him, he just called the service. They would repackage it for him and send it by the appropriate carrier.

I have received mail at the same private mail box for over 25 years. They know me and would take care of me no matter what was involved. As long as it was legal, of course.

Just a suggestion.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

I appreciate the thought, but it's the same problem we have now, shippers won't deliver to a PO box.. We have a box here in San Felipe, which also gives us a PO box in CA.. a messenger goes up 5 days a week and brings the mail down..

My wife is on a shopping trip to Calexico & Yuma today and is signing up for a service that provides you with an actual street address, somehow.. This will let us get UPS and stuff, but we'll have to drive 3 hours each way to go get it.. Another plus is that they claim that it's enough of a "street" address to give to the DMV to register our vehicles there..

My neighbor was in for a bit and said that the remailing services would receive US Mail and send it on through Mexican Mail.. never heard of anyone actually RECEIVING a package that was sent through the MPO..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

"mac davis" wrote

That is why I said a PRIVATE mail box. They receive all kinds of shipments from many sources. This is not to be confused with the post office.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Yuma has at least three "UPS Stores", which used to be called "Mailboxes, Etc". They'll receive UPS, FedEx, and just about any other kind of shipment that will fit into the place, and provide you a mailbox. Not a PO box, but a mail box, like an apartment mail box.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Bill, I use one from peachtree

peejayblack

Not here... the box that we have in Calexico IS a PMB... can't get anything but US Mail to it, though..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Yeah, that's what my wife is signing up for today in Calexico... It's an hour closer than Yuma.. It's also a block away from the Duty Free stores, which is a big plus... We're hoping that Yuma gets a Duty Free store, but not so far..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis