Ridgid TS 3650 package size

Hi, I am planning to buy a TS3650. However I only have RAV4. Not sure if the saw package can fit in this little truck. Also if RAV4 can take this much of weight. I can't find the package dimension anyway. Please help.

Thanks!

Tom

Reply to
tong2k

If you can put 2 High Schoolers in the back seat, the vehicle will easily handle the weight. There is a lot of assembly as the legs and fence rails will have to be assembled. I suspect that it will come in 3 or 4 boxes. Surely you can take it home in that vehicle although it may require a couple of trips and or removal from the shipping box.

Reply to
Leon

planning to buy a TS3650. However I only have RAV4. Not sure

Reply to
tong2k

I can't see why it couldn't. I drive a Chevy Metro and I've been able to put some pretty big stuff in the back of that with room to spare. Don't laugh, it carries 8ft lumber with the hatch closed. :)

Reply to
efgh

No problem.

Double check the RAV manual, for total weight capacity and subtract your weight. Almost _any_ vehicle with 4 seat belts can carry at least

700-800 pounds total payload.

Looking here: it looks as if the '07 and earlier models of the same design are good for an easy 1100 pounds, posibly much more.

Total payload should be clearly stated in the owner's manual for your specific vehicle.

Reply to
B A R R Y

I got mine in the back of an S-10 Blazer with no problems, other than lifting the damn thing. Any truck/car, no matter the size should handle 300lbs without any problems.

Reply to
Dusty

Should fit ok. Brought mine home in my Exploorer/ seats still up! 2 boxes , one is long with the rails. The other is HEAVY, (285# I believe). Get some help to unload. Like mine a lot. BTW: Posted some time ago for info on zero clearance insert and got some good help from the group. Finally settled on a place named M&D Mower, for

Reply to
Bill Hall

IIRC, it came in 2 boxes. A long skinny one with the fence rails and a big one with everything else. We had to look through the pile to find a fence box that wasn't beaten up.

Just checked the website and it does give dimensions:

43.3"x18.5"x30.4". Ballpark on the fence box is 5 ft by 6" square.

They do list free shipping on it btw.

-Leuf

Reply to
Leuf

Should fit... if needed, call Home Deport customer service and have them measure it.. You might have to put the box with the rails on a roof rack, as I remember, it was 4 or 6 feet long but only about 6 or 8" square..

It's a lot of saw for the money, IMO.. I really like mine..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

When we bought one for a friend, it came in 2 big boxes weighing about

300 lbs in total. It took two of us to load it into the back of my van and we just built it out of the back of the van rather than taking everything out to move into the shop.
Reply to
Brian Henderson

If he really gets stuck, he can grab the Load-n-Go.

Reply to
B A R R Y

An under used but excellent technique that I've also used with my basement shop when the walk-out door is snowed or mudded in.

Bring the parts in as you need to assemble them, before long the item is complete and in place, with no 300 pound boxes to move. Another plus is that the waste packaging is already loaded up for the trip to the recycling center.

A side benefit in my case is that I need to walk by the 'fridge on each trip, so if I'm low on beer...

Reply to
B A R R Y

That main part with the arbor, table top and frame that mounts on the legs is HEAVY!!!! I built mine and mounted the legs on it while it was upside down and then struggled to get it upright by myself as my poor wife watched and provided moral support. But after you get it put together, the frame underneath makes it a breeze to move around.

Worth every penny you spend on it. Too bad they have raised the price back up to $550. It was $499 when I got mine and I used a 10% off coupon they mailed me when I told them I was moving.....NOT!!!

B A R R Y wrote:

Reply to
mapdude