Replacement iron for Stanley #140 Skew Rabbet

I picked up an old Stanley 140 which is in quite good shape except for the iron. It is so deeply pitted over such a large area that I'd have to grind away most of the useable length to get to good metal. Ron Hock informs me that the #140 is one of the few plane irons he can't reproduce because of the configuration of the teeth on the back of the blade.

I notice that Craftsman Studio has #140 blades by Lie-Neilsen. Does anyone here know whether that iron is compatible with the Stanley 140. I know LN makes a 140 style plane and that opens the question of compatibility. I have a query in to Craftsman Studio on the subject but thought someone here might be able to give me the answer a little faster.

I also have a query in to Stanley about the availability of a "stock" blade for this style plane. There's nothing in their parts catalog that looks close, but ...

So, if anyone has any ideas on a source for a Stanley #140 replacement iron, I'm all ears (or eyes, as the case may be).

Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

Reply to
Tom Veatch