Reconditioned Tools

Ah - there's where we disagree ever so slightly. I'm not entirely convince New = Perfect. The odds are higher, I do believe, but...

Reply to
tnfkajs

let me throw in my $0.02 here too, and, say that I can recommend remanufactured tools from name brands without reservation. I have picked up a number of them over the years, and, have had great luck with them. I have a 12v Dewalt cordless that is probably 10 years old, purchased as remanufactured from Harbor Freight, that is still going strong. I have had to put new batteries to it, of course, but, it is in good shape still. Hum...now that I think of it, I do recall that I had to adjust the clutch mech. myself when it came in, as it was out of spec enough that it would not engage. However, that was REALLY easy to do. All I had to do was unscrew the chuck, pull the clutch out enough to disengage it, and rotate it a bit. Took about five minutes, and, considering that we got about a 60% or so discount on it, it was worth it. Regards Dave Mundt

Reply to
Dave Mundt