Reciprocating Saws and.... Barbecue

I was watching Diners, Drive-ins and Dives on the Food Channel. It showcases unique local eateries and is hosted by Guy Fien.

were showing a place that was preparing pork to be barbecued. The guy whips out a big cordless reciprocating saw and used it to cut down the pork to size.

I think the missus would get real upset with me if I did that.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Hell, any reputable butcher shop has a meat bandsaw for cutting up meat. Why not a reciprocating saw?

Reply to
Upscale

> They were showing a place that was preparing pork to be barbecued. The guy

Saying "But, Honey, it's a _new_ blade!" might help.

RicodJour

Be real upset if I "had" to use a reciprocating saw after she put it on the BBQ.

Reply to
L D'Bonnie

SWMBO and i were talking about this very idea. We like to get turkeys but one bird is way too much for the two of us. I had suggested that we run the bird through the bandsaw and make two halves, which can still be stuffed and would create a lot less waste.

She hastened to remind me to make sure the bird was killed first.

Tanus

Reply to
Tanus