Re: Woodcraft Plane Tune-up Demonstration

Which Woodcraft was the demo at? The Manchester, CT store had one

> today, but I missed it. >

I think they all have them from what I read in the mailer. It was a nice day to work in my own shop so that is where I was. Ttomorrow when it is 14 degrees and too cold to go out there, I'd rather be a at a demo. Shame they can't schedule them for days that are not good shop day. -- Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

Hey Ed,

Lucky you. I was all set to get a nice full day of shop time today. The only hitch was SWMBO needed to get her hair cut @ 11:30. I figured, good opportunity for me to be "thoughtful", so I took her car to the dealer (free oil change for life deal), went to UPS and post office, and was back by 10. I watched the kid as she got ready for her haircut, and I even folded 2 loads of laundry and started another.

She didn't get back until 5. Sigh. Said she had "errands" on the cell phone, and all she came back with was one outfit - for the kid! THEN, she insisted I make food for the baby and feed him (which I enjoy, so I thought "I can still go out after that"). THEN, she announced it was bath time. THEN she looked at me all pouty-faced and said "It's valentine's day, can't you just spend some time with me for a change and watch a movie with me?". Big sigh.

So, she's putting the little munchkin to sleep now and I'm supposed to pick out a movie.

So much for the warm day in the shop.

Mike

p.s. she still managed to ask me why the high chair and wall shelves aren't finished yet.

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

She already fell asleep.

As Charlie Brown would put it "Rats".

Story of my life.

Oh well, at least I taped the NYW episode.

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

Well, if the trade off is a warm night someplace, it may be worth it. There are a few "activites" better than woodworking.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

there was one at the local woodcraft here in tigard oregon. I had forgotten about it. there is also a LN verses knight-toolworks planeoff that I did not even know about till a friend showed me about it. I may want to drop in on that one (G)

Reply to
Steve Knight

Now that would be fun. Do they know you there? Just lurk in the back and see what they do, while having a perfectly tuned plane at the ready to demo. If they screw up, they you just introduce yourself and give a real demo.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

some of the employee's do the manager does as he has bought planes for the store.

Reply to
Steve Knight