Re: Very happy with Penn State Customer Service

Glad to hear it. I bought the DC250 about 3-4 years ago. I haven't had a reason to call Penn State. It has worked perfectly and I am very satisfied with it. I especially like the fact that it is quieter than most dust collectors.

Hi folks: > > I just had such a pleasent experience with Penn State Industries that > I wanted to share it with you. I bought their Tempest dust collector > system about 10 months ago. It's been great. But Saturday I was > using it and there was a loud THUMP! from the motor. There was a foul > smell coming from the motor and the speed slowed down to about half of > what it use to be. When I shut off the motor and looked inside to see > if something got caught up in the impellers I discovered that the > motor was too hot to touch. Yep, it looks like I burned up a motor. > > So I emailed Penn State Industries to see what I should do. It turns > out there is a full (And I do mean FULL) warrenty on the dust > collector for 2 years. They're going to send me then entire motor, > switch, impeller assembly FOR FREE and they're also sending me a > pre-paid UPS tag so I can send back the old assembly in the box the > new one came in. I don't have to pay shipping either way. There's not > a penny out of my pocket for the entire transaction. > > They were even apologizing because it's after 4:00 pm there and they > didn't think they could get the new motor out by UPS today. Hey,if it > goes out tomorrow that's still a lot better than what I had feared. > > Everyone was very helpful and I really feel like they're dedicated to > giving the customer the best possible service. I know this is the > kind of service that all companies should be giving, but Penn State > really lived up to it. > > Thought you'd like to know. > > Greg
Reply to
Preston Andreas