RE: Reality Check

Stopped and got a 4x8 sheet of 3-ply, 15/32" CDX to make some cores that will be fiber glassed on both sides.

Good greif, $19.00 a sheet.

Didn't want to buy a whole damn tree, just a sheet of garbage plywood.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Trees sell for less than that....

Reply to
George

During the scramble for 'Rita' boarding plywood a couple of weeks back the going rate at HD for 15/32" CDX was $16.95/sheet (limit 10). Thank you Iraq, Afghanistan, and a Gulf full of hurricanes.

It was almost worth it watching yuppies tying them to the top of Lexus' with kite string.

Reply to
Swingman

Before the hurricanes, a customer of mine that is in construction said plywood would be up 20% or more this year. Maybe he (and his source) was right.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I think it's already up more than that here. One of our builders was commenting that he had decking prices locked in on four houses and the CDX was locked in at $12.00 a sheet. Now the same yard has it priced at $16.00....and going up.

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike O.