Re: Painting teak

Funny but I have never seen the words paint and teak in the same sentence before ....mjh

-- mike hide

I've got an Anderson awning window with a teak sill piece that supports a > screen insert. The insert has always been painted along with the rest of > the window sill. I had to remove and repair the crank mechanism and in the > process scraped all the old paint off the teak so it could be sanded and > painted again. Since teak is an oily wood, what process is recommended to > repaint it. Any special kind of primer, etc.? > > Any comments appreciated. BTW, staining the whole window frame etc. is not > an option here. > > Dave > >
Reply to
Mike Hide

I hate teak. I grew up in a house full of "Danish modern" and I hate, hate it. If I had my way, ALL teak would be painted -- except for the stuff outside which looks nice as it weathers. Sorry, doesn't answer the OP's question -- and I'm interested since a neighbor, moving out, left me (w/o asking) 4 kitchen chairs made from teak. It's paint or death-by-garage sale for all 4.

Reply to
Igor

SEND THEM TO ME !!!

I'll give them a decent 'burial at sea' . . . deck hand-holds, deck hardware plates, trim, etc.

Just knock'em apart & I'll even pay shipping.

Regards & Thanks, Ron Magen Backyard Boatshop

Reply to
Ron Magen