Re: OT Humor: For all you Texicans out there

We still have about a half-dozen of them that we use as cereal bowls. They must me thirty years old.

Dick Durbin

Reply to
Dick Durbin

Everyone know what snipe hunting is but I think that cow tipping is something made up by Yankees. The only place I have ever heard of it is when city folks try to make fun of country folks.

Dick Durbin

Reply to
Dick Durbin

Dick Durbin responds:

College kids. Last I heard of it was around Blacksburg, VA. Not exactly prime Yankee territory.

Charlie Self

"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a *part* of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a *part* of Europe." Dan Quayle

Reply to
Charlie Self

See number 11, and replace "accent" with "yankee" ...

Reply to
Swingman

HUH? Everybody North of Dallas has a Yankee? Are you reviving the War of Northern Aggression? Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave

You mean fillin' stations, doncha?

Dennis Vogel

Reply to
dennisvogel

To the best of my recollection a timberdoodle is an effete Yankee name for a woodcock. No self-respecting son of Dixie would be caught dead using a term like that; he'd get laughed of the courthouse steps.

Reply to
Dick Durbin

Thanks, first time anybody's ever called me effete, we'll haveta get ya fitted for glasses, I'm a knuckle dragger. We used snip and tiberdoodle interchangably, hate to think I was shootin the wrong thing. The tasted nasty though. Flew like they were drunk. Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave

If you are able to hit those bad boys you must be a helluva shot. I always had my shotgun tangled up in the briars and branches.

Reply to
Dick Durbin

Funny. I was about to say I've heard of lots of cow tipping in these parts. Usually bored college kids. (Bored Yankee college kids, and people from NoVA count as Yankees...)

I live in Christiansburg.

Reply to
Silvan

Took a singleshot Winchester to strange clubs to make cig money against the locals. dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave

Hope to get out of WV and back to Bedford County soon.

As far as the kids at Tech are concerned, neither you, nor I, know where most of them come from. For all I know, half are from Georgia and the rest from Norfolk.

Charlie Self

"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a *part* of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a *part* of Europe." Dan Quayle

Reply to
Charlie Self

Now Charlie, you must never ever use the words Georgia and Tech in the same sentence. It just confuses them. The correct term is "Little North Avenue Trade School" in case you didn't know. We (UGA) Bulldogs know the difference and the women here still all have their teeth.

Now I suppose those poor devils from Norfolk must surely be the spawn of some swabbies out there....

Reply to
solarman

Funny thing is, he is still looking for a job (and the pickin's are slim) while my other Parkersburg nephew (on the wife's side) with the same degree but from WVU is making in the $80s in Northern Va. He graduated 3 years ago when they were still hiring folks with computer engineering degrees. ...and I think WVU (my alma mater) is also well ranked in the party catagory.

Dave Hall

Reply to
David Hall

Feh. During the construction of The Wall, they temporarily ran access to a frat house via a little service road almost right across the street from my house.

Damn kids.

When did I grow up anyway? I used to _be_ a college kid. Now I find them incredibly irritating.

Luckily, that service road is on the other side of The Wall, so I don't have to worry about them anymore. We just have one kid in the neighborhood. I guess every neighborhood has one. The little asshole who takes the 15 mph corner at 45 mph and then gets all the way up to 5th gear just in time to rub most of his tread off just before the stop sign....

Little bastard almost ran over one of my kids. I should get me some Quickrete and make me a speed bump. Then maybe I can see how fast he drives without an oil pan.

Damn kids.

Reply to
Silvan

Silvan responds:

Dunno. I stay away from most college kids, just as I did when I was in college.

Charlie Self

"The future will be better tomorrow." Dan Quayle

Reply to
Charlie Self