to all you chubby guys out there

to all you chubby guys out there, when you're up on a ladder do you tend to tense up or hold your breath and then your pants fall down?

Or when you're carrying something heavy?

Reply to
micky

only when the cameras are rolling after hearing "action!"

Reply to
Pico Rico

| to all you chubby guys out there, when you're up on a ladder do you tend | to tense up or hold your breath and then your pants fall down? | | Or when you're carrying something heavy?

No matter what my weight, I always use the same trick. I have a leather strap with a metal loop attached to one end. The loop also has a thick metal pin. I then punch holes in the other end of the strap and put it around my waste. The pin goes through one of the holes. Having several holes makes the whole contraption adjustable, so it will hold up my pants no matter what my weight.

Actually, you don't even have to make this device. I've seen a similar thing on sale in clothing stores. On the other hand, if your stomach is bigger than your waist I think you need a different device. You take two gigantic, elastic bands and tie them to small wood clamps or potato chip bag clamps.... :)

Reply to
Mayayana

I wear suspenders with my trousers. Every day including Sunday. I had one time when I was helping clean the church's temple. They issued us all smocks like surgical scrubs. I reached up to clean some thing and did the big drop trou. Fortunately, I was cleaning the mens locker room. I had my clothing bag with me, and put on my suspenders.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

ACTION!!!!!

- . Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

So, simple deduction says that this waste that you mention is number 2, but why you are strapping your poop remains a mystery.

Reply to
Dan Espen

micky wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Good question micky. I've often thought about similar situations. For example, I often see big trusks/SUVs with a step that you have to climb up on to get in. Like this

and it has a "handicapped" licence sticker or licence plate. What I always wonder is if a person can climb up into one of those monsters, why can't they walk a few extra feet? I even saw some fat pig roll out of a WalMart in one of those "handicapped" carts, go to a big SUV like shown above parked in a handicapped space, load the stuff, then climb in and drive away.

How do you explain that?

Reply to
Jack Meoff

Anyone here living near DC should n't miss this. First time visitors shold go the actual museum downtown first, Read the last 3 paragraphs.

Good answers, but I should have asked in a different orer. When your pants fall down when you're on a ladder, is it because you've tensed up? Or because you hold your breath? Or why then when it almost never happens other times?

The only other time is when I'm carrying something heavy, even a lot of groceries.

These are times when it's hard to pull them back up. Is God playing some sort of trick, by making them fall down when it's the hardest to pull them back up?

I know the standard explanation. Yes, I can climb one or two big steps, but I still don't have the heart capacity to walk an extra 50 feet. That takes more than climbing one or two big steps.

Who knows if it's true. When the Garber Facility, right across from Andrews AirForce Base outside DC had its yearly open house, I brought a girl with me, and it was very crowded, and she offered to let me use her handicapped rear view mirror dangler. It really applied to her mother. She was healthy, but her mother wasn't there. She had moved to the US from the Soviet Union. I told her, "This isn't like the Soviet Union. We're not at war with the government here. The laws are reasonable and made fairly and should be obeyed." She didn't answer, which I took to mean she was thinking about it. Other than that, she was a very nice girl, but it was tiring to listen through her Russian accent, and for that and other reasons, we broke up.

Ironically, it was Sunday, and other than the main building, the others were closed and it wouldn't have hurt anyone to park in the handicapped spot, and with her card, I woudlnt' have gotten a ticket (or was it just plain No Parking?) But I couldn't do it in front of her.

It turned out that the annual event just meant they had a lot of volunteer docens (sp?) , but they're open every Sunday, and maybe more days, and they have a few explanatoiry signs at least and this is the buiding where they prepare exhibits for the NASA or Smithsonian Air and Space Museum in DC. So you can see exhibits months, maybe years, before they're on display. They had the actual Enola Gay the day we were three.

Anyone here living near DC should n't miss this. First time visitors shold go the actual museum downtown first,

Reply to
micky

Try tightening yer belt on a funnel.

Reply to
notbob

+2
Reply to
ChairMan

Easy to explain. You have a really small mind.

I know a guy that is often called out when he parks in a handicapped spot because he is young and healthy looking. They feel kind of silly once they see he only has one leg.

Yes, there are abuses of the placards but people often have problems not visible. Pain with every step because of hip or knee problems, heart or lung problems, etc.

You should propose that if you qualify for a handicapped placard you cannot drive an SUV or sporty car. They are good only posted on an old Chrysler K car, Ford station wagon, Chevy Citation or equal. Handicapped people don't deserve nice cars.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Friend of my Dad's had a conversation like this:

Guy: You're not handicapped! Vic: You consider a wooden leg a handicap? Guy: Yes. Vic: Well, I got two of them.

Vic crashed a war plane during WWII and lost both legs below the knee. One of the few guys who could work on live power wires with little concern, standing on two wooden legs.

- . Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Then neither do you! That is the most stupid opinion I've ever heard! I'm suffering from the early stages of MS and my left leg doesn't work right anymore but my right leg is ok. And you're telling me I don't deserve a nice car? That's plain wrong......

Reply to
Phil Kangas

In news:m45ubf$dvd$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me, Phil Kangas belched:

nice editing, but that is not what Ed said or I agreed to. Sarcasm eludes you, huh? Go back and reread with an open mind what Ed wrote, slowly if you need to

Reply to
ChairMan

I pin my pants to my mawashi. If my mawashi fell off during a sumo match, the referee would throw it to the audience and disqualify me. That taught me always to knot my mawashi securely.

Reply to
J Burns

can he get a handicap placard for a mental handicap?

Reply to
Pico Rico

With some of the new appliances, I wonder exactly what the definition of handicap should be anymore. I see guys without original equipment feet or legs running races that most people could never do. They need to park up close?

Reply to
Pico Rico

NEVER HAPPENS!!!

I take my pants off before going up the ladder.

Reply to
nestork

Sorry. I'm a bit sensative on this subject.

Reply to
Phil Kangas

Q: What goes up the ladder down, but won't go down the ladder up?