Re Miter saw rigidity Attn: David David@invalid.com)

COuld you please repost your miter saw comparisons. Head flex has been a rear issue with my saws. My Hitachi C10FSH is terrible in head flex, angles detents (SLOP!) and fence issues.

Thanks

Scot

Reply to
srazor

issue with my saws. My Hitachi C10FSH is terrible in head flex, angles detents (SLOP!) and fence issues.

From the original post: " I finally got a chance to check out the 12" Makita slider alongside the other contenders such as PC, Bosch, and DeWalt 718. The Makita wins hands down the title of most rigid assembly (and it slides almost as well as the new Bosch). The PC is the next best, the Dewalt I rate 3rd, and the Bosch is loosey-goosey--too much flex! That's a shame, because otherwise the Bosch looks well thought out, and it slides effortlessly. The Bosch , like the DeWalt has a drive belt.

Dave "

Sorry it's so brief, but it was just as comparison in a store that had all the above brands sitting side by side.

If you don't like the Makita, the next tightest was the Porter Cable. The Bosch was otherwise the best of the breed from first appearances and I know guys that have it have sung it's praises. Nevertheless, I wouldn't be happy with the easy side-to-side movement, regardless of it's other qualities. In fact I would have gotten the Dewalt except for issues: the slop and the hard-to-start sliding action (stiction). The Dewalt has impressive specs for the size of material it accommodates, far greater than the Makita.

Dave

Reply to
David