Re: I want to read some old woodworking books -- Hackberry...

Mark, that fish on a plank one reminds me of an old one; draw the joke and recipe out as long as you can hold the audience - but you end up throwing the fish out and eating the plank. :)

I understand that the hackberberry's brittleness is like that of many fast growing (trash) trees.

I too like the the idea of using local wood, if for no other reason than its lower price. I'm curious to hear how your projects come out - it seems that with every storm (like today) another one comes down in the neighborhood.

It looks like Mark, LKB, and I are within a stone's throw of each other.

Thanks to the group!

Reply to
<wild_hare