RE Home Depot's Chinese Made Plywood rant

Home Depot is absolutely the worst large corporation in the country. It has nothing but contempt for its customers, its vendors, its employees, and the communities in which it operates. Its principal competitor is little better.

It even has contempt for human life. For years it has stocked its upper shelves and its lumber in a manner that inevitably causes accidents--a number of them fatal. It has calculated that it is cheaper to pay what it is forced to pay in settlements rather than alter its stocking methods which would be more costly. These are not wild unsupported accusations. The information on HD customer fatalities is available at many sites on the web. Just do a search. Read about the old lady and the young boy who were crushed to death by improperly stacked lumber. Don't be naive. You can take up nothing with HD management. They don't give a shit about you. Their business model allows for disgruntled customers who wont return.

Somewhere on the web I read about a problem HD was having with item sabotage in their stores. It appears some customers are so pissed off that they tear open packages, squeeze things out of tubes, reshuffle bin contents, etc. It might relieve frustration but I don't think this is the route to take. I just patronize them to an absolute minimum. Even if I have to drive an extra ten miles and pay a few cents more I go to a lumber yard or hardware store (Yes, there are a few of them HD has not yet put out of business) where I know my patronage is apprec iated. There is a hardware store in my area which has about 1/3 the space of HD, yet manages to stock three times the items. HD stocks only what moves fast. HD stocks nothing for the convenience of its customers.

Don't hold out much hope for HD with Nardelli's 250 million firing. Just remember it is the board of directors who allowed the mismanagement, who support and condone HD style of operation. This is the board that chose his successor.

Just stay away from the place. You will do yourself and your fellow humans a big favor by doing so. And remember, Lowe's operates on just about the same principles. The only difference is they keep their stores a bit cleaner. But the same contempt for the customer is there.

Reply to
Joe Bleau

And if you think that's bad......just look at the label on your shorts and see where they're made.

Bob

Reply to
BobS

If I could bend like that, I wouldn't need women!

Reply to
B A R R Y

As J. Clarke, I believe it was, recently, and aptly, put it: "Waaaaay Too much information".

:)

Reply to
Swingman