Re: F-1000A planer

What are your impressions of this older semi-industrial planer..it wieghs

> 350 lbs. Its a combination 12 planer and 6 in jointer. > > I acquired one recently and it seems to to a wonderful job and its major > accurate and heavy duty solid steel tables. It does have some snipe, but > not bad. And from what I understand even the modern bench top better > quality planers have some snipe. > > any thoughts?

For its size it's always been a great performer....in our area it is quite common & I have not seen any design flaws but watch the fan end armature bearing for overheating as I have said before.

Reply to
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN

My impression is that your machine is a close cousin to the makita 2030N. I have the makita 2040 and love it. Mine gets some snipe when it is out of adjustment. See if you can the manual and go through all the adjustments.

Cheers,

Jim

Reply to
Jim Martin