Re: eWoodShop - Mission Bar Stool - Seat Frames

Those are the real "one percent-ers." The people who can, a. hear the difference, and b. care enough about it. :-)

Don't look now, but there are some kids on your lawn! :-p

Reply to
-MIKE-

Dave

---------------------------------------------- Remember the parody about the perfect CW song a few years ago?

It had to contain references to prison, trains, and mama just for starters.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

[I clicked "send" (twice actually) prematurely. Age, I suppose. ]

Anyway, I think you're agreeing with me. We decide for ourselves what things have value and what pursuits seem enticing. Simply having a great instrument is no argument against trying to build one, if instrument-building captures your interest.

I have of late taken to woodworking in my own sometimes bumbling fashion. As my skill is still in its infancy, no one would pay me to do it and there are indeed things out there for purchase that are of at least equal quality, and better.

I could argue that the stuff I build has certain advantages over store-bought. The desk I built fits the available space *exactly* rather than "well enough". Ditto the bookcase units I'm building now, should I live long enough to finish them (life has sprung a number of surprise challenges on us that threaten to require a lot of our time). And whatever visual imperfections there may be, my stuff is sturdy.

But none of that really explains why I'm doing it. I do it because the work appeals to me. As I was saying to a friend of mine just the other day, I like when people *do* things. His "thing" is rock climbing, but almost anything that's a little difficult - that requires practice and skill - counts in my book.

So if bass building isn't one of your things, that's your choice. But what better first project to test out that band-saw template jig than a solid-body bass? :)

Hell, you could even use your'61 as the template! (I'll start running now. Good thing I've got a thousand mile head start.)

Reply to
Greg Guarino

Mama told me I?d be famous, If I learned to play guitar I?d be known in ev?ry county Travelin? wide and travelin? far

It took a lot of practicin? But Mama?s words were true I found a bunch of fellas Whose Mamas taught them too

We?re on the road from town to town Playing ev?ry roadhouse bar They hear us on the radio They hear us in the car

They know the songs, yes ev?ry note They know the words by heart But how can I be famous When they can?t tell us apart?

Chorus: Matching shirts and ties and matching hats Have robbed me of my fame We?re only boots and belts and buckles ?no one knows my name.

Copyright Greg Guarino - five minutes ago.

Reply to
Greg Guarino

Precious!! :)

Reply to
Swingman

Back in my tender years I once went canoeing with some friends on the Delaware River. There were 10 of us, a guy and a girl in each of five rented boats. We came across a tiny island in the middle of the river; a hump maybe 100' long by 40' wide, covered in tall grass.

On the upriver side were three men, pants at half-mast, returning the beer back to the Earth near their raft. We all chuckled as we floated by.

A half minute later we reached the downriver tip of the island, where we found the distaff side of the rafting party: three women, pants around their knees, butts to the sky.

Six friends relieving themselves on a glorious summer afternoon in view of passers-by and all Creation, but hidden from each other. Funny creatures, we humans.

Reply to
Greg Guarino

You are one disturbed individual. :-p

Reply to
-MIKE-

You underestimate me. I am at least *several* disturbed individuals.

Reply to
Greg Guarino

That explains it. I knew you couldn't have written that on your own. Always credit your co-writers. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

With every experience, you alone are painting your own canvas, thought by thought, choice by choice. -- Oprah Winfrey

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Many personalities make light work. I am large, I contain multitudes. :)

Reply to
Greg Guarino